Taste Orange Membership is the organisation to join if you have a business in the region. Our membership base is diverse and Taste Orange together with Orange City Council, Cabonne and Blayney Shire councils work together to deliver the benefits to members.
Membership is open to all tourism related businesses, restaurants and cafes, hotels, wineries, producers, accommodation providers and tour operators within the Orange, Cabonne and Blayney Local Government Areas. It is also available for service and retail businesses. eg small business, shop fronts, trades people, professionals, general non tourism businesses. The Taste Orange Membership application also allows you register your interest in joining F.O.O.D, Orange Accommodation group, Stay Orange and the Orange Regional Vignerons Association.
STEPS TO BECOME A MEMBER or RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
1. Download and read 2013-2014 Taste Orange Membership Prospectus;
2a. Print PDF, complete and return to Taste Orange or
2b. Complete form on your computer by typing into PDF, save and then email to email@example.com, Taste Orange requires a signed copy of the form for its records.
Click here to Download the 2013 - 2014 Taste Orange Membership Prospectus & Application form
Taste Orange Responsibilities & Code of Conduct to Members
The Taste Orange code of conduct outlines professional guidelines so the conduct of Taste Orange will enhance the regions tourism industry and contribute positively to the community, environment and quality of life. Taste Orange members are expected to:
1. Act professionally and with high levels of duty of care, safety and concern towards other Taste Orange members, customers and the local government areas of Orange, Cabonne and Blayney
2. Deliver with integrity, all advertised products and services, meeting all legal responsibilities.
3. Comply with the laws of Australia and ensure all contracts and terms of business are clear, concise and honoured in full, ensuring all dealings are ethical and fair.
4. Speak and act respectfully and not denigrate or slander anyone or discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious belief, sexual orientation or political persuasion.
5. Ensure claims in advertising and marketing a product or service are true, not misleading or exaggerated and are not negative about any member’s or associate business product or service.
6. Manage its businesses effectively and efficiently, enhancing the reputation of tourism within the local government areas of Orange, Cabonne and Blayney and to respond and resolve customer complaints in a timely and courteous manner and to change business processes and policies when necessary.
7. Operate a safe, healthy and satisfying working environment for staff, customers and the public.
8. Manage their staff/employees fairly and equitably. Consider environmental best practice guidelines, conserving water, energy and the natural environment
Terms & Conditions Supply of Services, Equipment and Facilities (here in referred to as activity)
Taste Orange will supply certain services, equipment and facilities for the participants/members use/benefit. The supply of such services, equipment and facilities (here by known as activity) will be at the discretion of Taste Orange.
Services, equipment and facilities will be provided on an “as is” basis and the participant utilises such services, equipment and facilities at its own risk. Taste Orange will not be liable for any loss or damage relating to or arising from the supply or use of such services, equipment or facilities.
The participant acknowledges that Taste Orange does not make any representation or give any warranty with respect to the activity, including the number of attendees or the success or profitability of the activity.
The participant participates in the activity at its own risk.
The participant acknowledges that Taste Orange is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, the participant’s participation in the activity.
Taste Orange’s liability to you will be limited to the amount(s) paid by you in respect of any stall rental or fee paid.
In no circumstances will we be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits or opportunity) arising in connection with the activity.
In consideration of Taste Orange permitting the participant in the activity, the participant indemnifies Taste Orange and its related bodies corporate against any liabilities, losses, damages, outgoings, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by Taste Orange, a related body corporate of Taste Orange or any third party (including any activity attendee or participant) arising out of the participation of the member in the activity, including the operation of the Stall or the sale of any product at the Stall, any negligent act or omission of the participant or any of the participant’s representatives or any breach of the terms of this agreement by the participant.
For the purpose of this clause, “Force Majeure” means an event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of a party, including acts of God, war, rain, hail, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, legislation not in force at the date of this Agreement or labour disputes.
Neither party will be in breach of this agreement, and neither party will be liable to the other party, for any delay or failure to perform an obligation under this Agreement due to Force Majeure. Further, the participant acknowledges it is not entitled to any reimbursement in respect of any activity or circumstance that prevents or disrupts the activity, including inclement weather.